Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
5 Hanover Square
Excelsior Growth Fund (EGF) helps hundreds of low-income entrepreneurs annually escape poverty, foster self-sufficiency and create good jobs in low-income neighborhoods. EGF helps small businesses grow by providing small business loans and advisory services, focusing on low-income businesses and impoverished communities. EGF is a successful and innovative nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with a national reputation. EGF, a FinTech leader, incorporates technology and an innovative online platform into its model, while maintaining a community development focus and presence. Join EGF, a nationally recognized nonprofit lender and business advisory services provider, and lead program and outreach initiatives.
EGF supports microentrepreneurs through its Business Advisory Services, providing tools and guidance in tandem with lending to help businesses stabilize and grow. EGF provides high quality tools and business education through a growing content library on our website, www.excelsiorgrowthfund.org.
EGF seeks one VISTA member for our NYC office, based in Downtown Manhattan. Your role will help EGF serve more disadvantaged businesses in the Greater NYC area. Your work will support EGF activity and expansion in several ways including marketing & outreach, partnership development, and operational support. This role will focus on supporting community outreach and business development efforts in severely disadvantaged neighborhoods including the South Bronx, East New York, Jamaica and Upper Manhattan, as well as in the greater downstate region.
We seek self-starting, organized, and fast-paced individuals with excellent communication, research, & interpersonal skills. Candidates should be adept in learning new systems and technology. We encourage applicants with knowledge or interest in entrepreneurship to apply.
VISTA members will receive a modest living stipend.
Specific duties include:
- Support the provision of EGF’s Business Advisory Services, including the planning and coordination of financial management training, webinars and community events.
- Assist with program development, new grant proposals and outcome reporting
- Support outreach and customer acquisition strategies in low-income communities
- Conduct community outreach and organize meetings with organizations and key stakeholders in impoverished neighborhoods throughout NYC and Downstate NY.
- Review current strategies and materials and provide recommendations for how to improve
- Support marketing initiatives including developing new marketing materials
- Assist with development of CRM database and focus on measuring long-term outcomes
- Conduct research on CDFI/Small Business industry and target markets
- Various community engagement activities
- Documenting internal best practices for future VISTA members, including process flows and tools
EGF is a growing, sophisticated and award winning organization. EGF will ensure VISTA members will gain professional experience, new transferrable skills and exposure to a variety of responsibilities, while remaining committed to fighting poverty by supporting entrepreneurship.
- Stipend Provided