No Kill Animal Shelter Looking For Event Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Animal Care Sanctuary
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO Box A
Animal Care Sanctuary is a no kill shelter that has been a nonprofit for over 51 years. At any point in time there are hundreds of dogs & cats in residence, getting the care & attention they need, until they find the right forever home. These animals come from overrun shelters from across the US, owner surrenders, abused/hoarding situations, puppy mills, areas hit by disaster, etc.
Purpose: Educate the public about ACS and promote our non-profit facilities
- Gather supplies, prepare animals for events and help load animals and supplies on event day, then help (if needed) transport them to event.
- Help showcase best features of animals at events and in adoption book, assisting potential adopters.
- Selling goods and promoting services for the benefit of ACS.
- Answer questions about our facility and hand out informational brochures.
- Handle and oversee care of event animals safely (bathroom breaks, treats and water)
- Must be 18 or older or accompanied by a parent.
- Be willing to speak to public to promote sanctuary
4 hours per month if possible. For events please try to commit to the entire shift
- Training Provided
How To Apply
if interested, please complete the application that can be found at: