Maldives Island Project

Published

08/31/2018

Time Commitment

Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)

Duration

Short-Term (few weeks/months)

Address

Naifaru
Naifaru Island, Naifaru, Lhaviyani
NO

Maldives

Description

Volunteers are needed to join various projects within the beautiful tropical island of Naifaru, the capital of the Lhaviyani Atoll, in the Maldives.


Projects include: Marine conservation volunteering, Community Environmental Projects and Medical/Healthcare volunteering.


You can join for 2 weeks up to 12 weeks all year round.


Individuals, groups and students all welcome.


The project is based on Naifaru, an Island in the Northern part of the Maldives. With a population of just over 5,000, Naifaru is the fifth most populated island in the Maldives. Naifaru is a bustling little community, but is not without problems, and this programme aims to bring together various community and environmental projects from all over the Island, to improve life for the local inhabitants. The Maldives has a tropical climate with warm temperatures year round and a great deal of sunshine. The weather is determined largely by the monsoon seasons.


For more details regarding pricing, scheduling and arrangements, please visit the main project page - http://www.workingabroad.com/projects/maldives-volunteer

Fee Required

Benefits

  • Training Provided
  • Housing Available
  • Language/Cultural Support Available

Benefits

  • International Volunteers

How To Apply

aaron@workingabroad.com

If you are interested in joining this project to volunteer in the Maldives, you will need to fill out the online application form (you can also print it out and send it to us by post) – to secure a placement on the project, please complete and submit the form including two references and your deposit of £195. If for some reason, your application is declined, we would reimburse this deposit fully. However for those who are accepted, 25% of the full amount needs to be paid 14 days after you have been confirmed on the project, with the remainder (75%) to be paid two months before the start date. Once your place is confirmed, you will receive a pre-departure package with all detailed information on your project, the region, suggested items to bring etc.


Share:

Share: