Education Project Leader: Editor of Water Education Materials (Remote)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Save the Water™
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
P.O. Box 545934
To ensure you receive a response for your application and continue receiving our emails for further communication, please add ''email@example.com” to your address book or safe list.
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and Project leaders are expected to put in a minimum of 8 hours a week and be responsive to emails within two (2) calendar days.
- Project Leaders must be willing to attend to weekly/bi-weekly meetings as and when required.
Save the Water™ (STW™) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization dedicated to solving the world water crisis through excellence in water science research and by forming alliances with organizations, scientists, universities, media, businesses, and governments around the world to promote awareness of water contamination issues.
A passion for water. STW™ associates must have an understanding of the value and role that water plays in the quality of life of all living things on the planet.
Volunteering with STW™ is different from other volunteer experiences as we work in a almost 100% online environment. Save The Water is run like a business and we rely heavily on frequent email communications, meetings held via google hangouts, and collaboration on projects via google drive. Volunteers are held to high standards and deliverable due dates.
- Support the Education Group by managing a team of volunteers in the area of website educational material by editing and approving all educational content for our website.
- Manage on average 2-3 volunteers within the Website Education Material team, holding them accountable for their work.
- Plan and conduct monthly talent management team meeting, including sending agenda, taking meeting minutes, and follow up
- Increasing SEO of our website using keywords as developed by our Web Analysts
- Edit and approve all educational content for our website, in the areas of:
- Junior resources
- Senior resources
- STEM education
- Water facts
- Chemical facts
- Microscopic Images
- Microorganism videos
- General water resources
- Tribal water resources
- Fracking infographics
- DILOS Program
- Provide monthly report of your team’s progress to the President and Vice President.
- Attend monthly Education group meeting.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Bachelors degree completed or equivalent work experience (at least 3 years or more full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
- International Volunteers