Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Clark County Food Bank
6502 Northeast 47th Avenue
With the guidance and support of the Program Manager, the Farming and Gleaning Associate will organize and manage volunteer’s, procure fruits and vegetables through farming and gleaning, and partner with local farmer’s markets for donations. All efforts will result in increased amounts of fresh produce to vulnerable populations who face poverty. Clark County Food Bank is seeking an individual with strong leadership skills and an interest in food systems.
- Develop and grow community partnerships
- Farm relations and grower outreach
- Volunteer recruitment
- Volunteer training & tracking for harvesting events
- Produce collection and harvest
- Coordination of produce transportation and delivery
- Create, distribute, and collect client surveys with partner agencies
- Collate total harvest weights and numbers from each farming effort
- Willingness to get hands dirty and work in farming fields
- Ability to set and meet goals, prioritize, plan, and manage work independently
- Understand and work successfully with a variety of cultures
- Ability to recruit, train, and support volunteers
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have experience with and knowledge of creating sustainable food systems and/or farming practices
- Able and willing to work as a team member and independently as needed
During the growing season (May– August) this position will require nonstandard workplace hours including early mornings, weekday evenings, and/or weekends.
Clark County Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider, and we encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our organization.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided