A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
6115 S Santa Fe Drive
PURPOSE OF JOB: Assist with the cultural practices of water gardening.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Divide, plant, fertilize, prune, deadhead, place, locate, and relocate water plants.
· Maintain water garden areas including the removal of algae, weeds, stones or rocks, and sludge.
· Clean and maintain the Greenhouse, pots, tools and supplies, and assist with other tasks as needed.
· Regular weekly shifts take place on Wednesdays, April through October. Non-regular shifts may be available during the off season (November - March).
· Shifts are scheduled from 8 AM to 12 PM during the peak season.
· A weekly or bi-weekly commitment is preferred.
· Indoors and outdoors, onsite at Hudson Gardens.
Attire and Equipment (provided by the volunteer):
· Gloves, work shoes and or boots.
· Hand pruners.
· Chest waders (can be provided).
· Water bottle and sun protection (recommended).
· Must be aged 18 or older.
· Prospective applicants will be interviewed.
Note: the working environment for this position includes uneven, wet, muddy and slippery conditions.
· Stand, walk and/or sit.
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
· Reach with hands and arms.
· Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Climb or balance.
· Lift up to 50 pounds.
CONTACT: Community Programs & Outreach, 303-797-8565 ext. 306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training Provided