Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Sustainable Bolivia is a non-profit organization that facilitates volunteer and internship placements with partner NGOs located throughout the country and more specifically in and around Riberalta, Bolivia.
One of our partners; Vivero Don Quijote is a local plant nursery run by Don Jarumi; a plant enthusiast who, over the past 30 years, has been using this knowledge to support local communities through restoration and education projects. The plant nursery currently houses over 500 species of medicinal, ornamental and fruiting trees and plants, as well as two beehives and a small worm farm.
Volunteers can participate in one or more of the following tasks:
- daily care of plants; watering, planting, trimming, transplanting
- The organisation of various educational activities and workshops
- support and creation of additional self reliance projects
- inventory and classification of existing plants in the nursery
- collaboration with schools and local authorities in the creation of botanical garden
Volunteer positions are flexible, they can be part or full-time, and volunteers are free to choose their time and skill commitment.
Volunteers should have an interest in ecology, botany, soil science, permaculture and/or education
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers