Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
200 East Tenth Street
One shift per week Monday-Friday 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm OR Tuesday 5pm-7pm
- Pulling the correct medications from the pharmacy shelves.
- Counting the needed number of tablets and capsules and placing them in an appropriate size bottle. (The pharmacist must check all work done by the technician.)
- As you pull the correct medications from the pharmacy shelves, notice if the stock is getting low; if so, place this item on the order sheet. Check the expiration date and discard if expired.
- Re-shelve medication that has been used to fill prescriptions after the pharmacist has completed the process.
- Assist in stocking the shelves with donated medication
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The pharmacy technician assistant will assist the pharmacist in the processing of prescriptions.
The supervisor will provide ongoing training.
- Training Provided