FIGHT HUNGER EVERY SATURDAY AT THE VENTURA FARMERS MARKET
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Food Forward
Address will be sent to volunteers when they register on our website
Harvest food, fight hunger, build community at your local farmers market! We collect fresh, local produce that would otherwise go to waste and donate 100% to local hunger-relief agencies. Join the Volunteer Glean Team to help us collect donations of fresh produce from vendors at the farmers market and box, sort, and weigh the produce. Volunteers should be comfortable carrying boxes of produce that may weigh up to 40 pounds, but don’t need to worry about bringing equipment or transporting the food. This opportunity is open to volunteers 12 years old and older, though children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult. This event occurs every Saturday from 11:15am-1pm.
Volunteers must sign up on our website using the link below:
How To Apply
- Go to foodforward.org/volunteer and click on the event you're interested in.
- At the bottom of the page, under where it says "Not Registered as a Volunteer with Food Forward", click the "registration form" link.
- Fill in all required fields (marked with an *), indicate whether you are over or under 18, check the Captcha box, and click "NEXT".
- Check all four boxes marked "I agree to the above", fill out all required fields (marked *), and click "SUBMIT".