A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Volunteer Coordinator helps handle all of our new volunteers as we build a more long-term staff. They will work with the board member in charge of volunteers (currently Jarred Johnson) to build a capable, diverse, and engaged group of ongoing volunteer staff members.
- Works with Directors to identify long-term volunteer needs, draft job descriptions, and review candidates
- Coordinates onboarding of new volunteer staff and periodic check-in
- Helps recruit short-term volunteers for specific large events
- Coordinates quarterly volunteer check-in points to ensure a positive environment and space for feedback
- Oversees Community Advocate program along with Volunteer Director
Key Qualifications: Experience managing volunteers, excellent email communication skills, comfortable with multiple simultaneous projects, background in organizational management and/or social impact preferred.
Estimated Time Commitment: 10-15 hrs/month (variable depending on recruiting cycle)
Reports to: Volunteer Director
How To Apply
TransitMatters encourages applications from diverse backgrounds, races, and genders. You can submit the form on the website, or send a resume or LinkedIn URL with a cover email to Jarred at firstname.lastname@example.org.