Early Childhood VISTA Associate (AmeriCorps VISTA Program)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by New Jersey Community Development Corporation
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
32 Spruce Street
Get PAID while GIVING BACK!
We will utilize two VISTA members to promote our Early Childhood Education programs to parents of children age 0-5 to make sure they have the direction needed to raise healthy children that are entering Kindergarten on a level playing field with their more affluent peers.
The VISTA members will also support our Early Learning Network (ELN is a collaboration of preschools and childcare centers in the Great Falls Promise Neighborhood working together to improve the quality of early childhood educational services delivered to pre-school aged children). In addition to providing support to ELN, the VISTA will support a cohort of neighborhood preschools, by researching and soliciting additional resources to support programming. Undertake outreach efforts to support and promote Early Childhood programming.
We are seeking candidates that are able to speak, read, and write in Spanish, fluently!
- Recruit neighborhood residents to participate in Early Childhood Education programs.
- VISTA Members will serve as School Liaisons Workers to expand membership in the Early Learning Network by serving as community liaisons and providing information about Early Childhood. programs to staff at neighborhood preschools and childcare providers.
- Survey and collect data from program participants.
- Raise and develop resources for the Early Learning Programs.
- Create and design activities various bilingual activities.
- Co-plan and assist with NJCDC’s Annual Pre-School Conference.
**AmeriCorps VISTA Members will have gain valuable skills while fulfilling a mission.**
*One year commitment of 40 hours per week
*Must be 18+ years of age and a US Citizen, national or legal resident
*Must have solid interpersonal skills and team-orientated, reliable, READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Benefits of Serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA:
*Living Allowance $20,584
*Segal Education Award of $5,920 to pay for range of education expenses
*Relocation Allowance if you move 50+ miles
*Childcare benefits (under age of 13), if eligible
*Federal Student Loan Forbearance
*Professional Development Training*
*Non-competitive eligibility (NCE) for Federal Jobs
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Come join AmeriCorps VISTA while making an impact on your community! Please send resumes to email@example.com. You can can also submit your application via the link provided. Phone calls are welcomed - (973) 413-1655!