Partnership Development Advisor (Canadians Only)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Cuso International (Headquarters)
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Location Calabar, Nigeria
Start Date Nov 2018 - Jan 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
The Partnership Development Advisor will play an important role in supporting the Cuso International team in Nigeria in carrying out research, identifying and supporting efforts of the country office to build sustainable partnerships with potential Cuso International supporters. The research and relationship building should include institutional donors, corporate foundations, philanthropy organizations and the private sector. The information that will be collected and compiled will inform the country office in developing project concepts and proposals, which donor to approach and how to approach them. It will also feed into the development of the Cuso International funding strategy for Nigeria.
As a volunteer, you will:
-Carry out a donor mapping of potential supporters of Cuso International’s work in Nigeria including the private sector
-Identify and organise introduction meetings with potential donors and maintain contact with support from Country Program Office (CPO). Arrange appointments with potential CPO staff
-Collect specific information about donor priorities, funding criteria, application procedures and -requirements, amount of funding, etc.
Review and update existing country funding strategy
-Participate in program development initiatives
-Participate in meetings and represent Cuso International as directed by the Country Program Office
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Education in Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Economics or Social Sciences
Essential Professional Background:
- At least 3 years’ experience in carrying out research
- Experience in partnership development and donor relations
- Experience in Resource mobilization or fundraising background.
- Concept note and proposal development
- Ability to analyze and to think critically.
- Ability to write clear and concise information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiatives
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
- Stipend Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers