Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Phoenix Metropolitan Area
WordPress Designer with expertise in page builder(s) + Astra, Divi, Generate Press, OR Ocean WP themes.
Great opportunity to volunteer, be part of a team doing great sustainability work, and build an important website that represents a large, growing non-profit: Arizona Sustainability Alliance. This will be an ideal website to feature in your portfolio.
Build a website using one of the below themes AND one of the below page builders working off basic wireframes, content and images provided to you. Be available for weekly in-person or virtual collaboration meetings and corresponding via our online apps.
WORDPRESS THEMES AND PAGE BUILDERS
- WordPress Themes
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of at least ONE of the following WordPress themes:
- Astra Theme
- Generate Press Theme
- Ocean WP Theme
- Divi Theme
- WordPress Page Builders
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of at least ONE of the following page builders:
- Elementor or Elementor Pro Page Builder
- Beaver Builder
- Divi Visual Page Builder
- If you have a recommendation for another theme, please pass it on and why we should consider it.
- Hosting (general knowledge)
- Ability to set up test domain on existing client server, then upload approved completed site to live domain.
- Google Search Console (integrate with website)
- Google Analytics (integrate with website)
- Quick Learner
- You’re a quick learner and like to research and try out new plugins (like Fundly) that you may not have used before.
- BONUS POINTS if you have experience with the following:
- Fundly plugins (for donations and fundraising)
- Events plugin
- Calendar plugin
- HTML shortcodes
- Optimization and speed testing (GTMetrix, for example)
- Photoshop and/or Illustrator Software (not required)
- Anything else?
- Email the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- LinkedIn Page and/or Personal Website
- Submit links to at least three websites you alone built in their entirety, using graphics/images you designed or were provided to you.
- Indicate which theme(s) and page builder(s) you like to work with and which ones you used in your three website portfolio examples.
- Indicate which plugins you have used and recommend for SEO, events, calendars and/or fundraising.
- Indicate if you can cover any of the bonus point items listed above.
- Indicate when you can start, your availability per week, and how long you can make the commitment.
- The specs are being developed, but we estimate the site will be ready to start within two weeks, will be about 20 pages deep, probably about 5-6 unique templates. You can see the old site at https://www.azsustainabilityalliance.com.)
- Let us know when you can start, how many hours you are available on a weekly basis to work on this project and how many weeks or months you can commit to. (The specs are being developed, but we estimate the site will be ready to start within two weeks, will be about 20 pages deep, probably about 5-6 unique templates. You can see the old site at https://www.azsustainabilityalliance.com.
Time requirement: Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week