Volunteer to drive life-saving blood from blood drives to area hospitals with the American Red Cross!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by American Red Cross - Mid Alabama Chapter
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Blood Donor Center
700 Caldwell Trace
Volunteer to transport blood donations from our donor center to local hospitals!
Blood Services: Transportation Specialist - Hospital Deliveries
To transport blood and blood products throughout the region in a safe and timely manner.
• Distribute blood to area hospitals as routine or "stat" deliveries in Red Cross vehicles
• Pick up empty boxes from the hospitals and return them to our Donor Center
• Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
• Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross employees and fellow volunteers
• Drive in a safe and responsible manner
• Willingness to support Red Cross Mission
• Valid state driver's license with 3+ years driving experience
• Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
• Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
• Demonstrate reliability
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs for some deliveries, but will have a dolly
• Complete the one hour Orientation with the American Red Cross
• Defensive Driving course with on site training with our Transportation Coordinator
• Pass a background check as well as a DMV background check
• Commitment to driving and saving lives while doing so!
• Flexible BUT preferred commitment is 2-4 four hour shifts per month
• 3 months with the opportunity to recommit
• Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service and great for resume content
Please email me with any questions or for more information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 334-201-1620
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Follow the directions below to begin the application! GO TO www.redcross.org/deliver OR
- Go to redcross.org/volunteer
- Scroll down to Browse for Opportunities in your area.
- Enter your Zip Code and click “Search”
- Find and select “Blood Services Transportation Specialist – Hospital Deliveries”
- Here you will find a detailed description of the opportunity
- Select “Apply Now” to begin your application.
- You will be directed to Volunteer Connection
- Enter in the following information:
· ZIP CODE
· PASSWORD/CONFIRM PASSWORD **This will be your password for Volunteer Connection, so be sure to make note of it**
Then, click "Create my Red Cross ID" Here, you will begin the application process. Once the application has begun, the Red Cross will contact you to discuss more about this volunteer opportunity.