Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
220 S. Fifth Street
Americorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or agency. They focus their efforts to build the organizational, administrative, and/or financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and otherwise assist low-income communities. Members earn a modest living allowance of $11,800, limited benefit options and after a year of service are eligible for an Education Award of $5,775 or post-service stipend.
- Ensure the implementation and planning for administering Club-wide programs and activities that support the Club formula for impact's outcome driven experience.
- Effectively implement and administer curriculum for memebers who are in Kindergarten through 8th grade, including homework help and tutoring, high yield learning activities in all aspects of program areas, school collaborations, member incentives/recognition and family involvement.
- Prepare and distribute continual basis
- Monitor and evaluate Club member's progress within programs.
- Monitor attendance, pre- and post-tests, and othe rmethods of data system collection to support program success, as well as support reporting.
- Provide training to staff on program implementation
- Two years of college in related fields from an accredited college or university, of equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to motivate children and youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills (including editing skills)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all types of people
- Organizational, staff, and project management abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
Education: some college
How To Apply
Apply at my.Americorps.gov