Youth Social Service Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Mercer County Juvenile Advisory Council Inc.
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Mercer County Juvenile Advisory Council, Inc
107 N. Diamond St.
Volunteers must be at least 21 years of age and must successfully complete screening requirements including a written application, personal interview, at least three personal references and criminal background investigations. MCJAC volunteers shall be recruited and accepted into the program without regard to gender, disabilities, age (21 or older), race or other condition.
Roles and Responsibilities through MCJAC:
· Maintain log sheet of time spent on the case. Email to MCJAC at the end of each month so that the data may be analyzed.
· Report any incidents of child abuse or neglect to appropriate authorities immediately.
· Follow the plan that has been created for the youth, and give all reasonable efforts to provide services to the youth and related agency.
· Complete the required hours each week to ensure the youth’s essential needs are being met.
· Remain actively involved in the case until formally discharged by MCJAC supervisor or related agency.
· Provides no direct services to any party that may lead to a conflict of interest or potential liability, or to cause a youth to become dependent on the MCJAC volunteer for services that should be provided by other agencies or organizations.
· Abide by all laws and regulations governing activities; conduct all business in an honest, fair, professional and humane manner; use authority appropriately; and do not use MCJAC to promote a personal agenda or for personal gain.
· Respect the right to privacy by keeping information that would identify parties involved in cases confidential.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Once appointed to a youth, a MCJAC volunteer makes a commitment in each case to provide service to the youth and related agency needs. A MCJAC volunteer should create a positive and lasting relationship with both the youth and the related agency in order to continually fulfill the role (s) needed to plug those gaps in the system.
The time commitment will vary, depending on the organization that needs help, the role requested, and the youth's needs.
MCJAC serves all of Mercer County so volunteers have the option of choosing which area(s) of the county they wish to help in.
Please inquire about how to get started on our website or by email. Once we have received contact, we will send you an application to be completed. Until we get the application uploaded to our site, this is the only way to do it. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at 724-662-5437.