AmeriCorps VISTA position for Grant Writer at SAVE
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Flint Hills Volunteer Center
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
AmeriCorps VISTA members make a full-time, one-year commitment to alleviate poverty in a particular community. Their role in alleviating poverty is to mobilize community resources, increase the capacity of the low-income community to achieve its goals, and ensure that the activities initiated or expanded as an AmeriCorps VISTA member are sustained by the community.
Program: The SAVE Farm is a teaching farm and healing center for transitioning service members and veterans whose mission is to:
- Provide accredited education and skills in a teaching farm environment
- Facilitate healing for those in need, helping service members regain life fulfilling purpose
- Assist in post-training placement on working farms.
Title: Grant Writing VISTA
Position Summary: As A VISTA member at SAVE, you will help transitioning service members and veterans learn agricultural vocations. Major functions include researching, identifying, developing, and responding to grants applicable to the SAVE organization in addition to the management of all received grants.
- Assess the current state of fund development efforts utilized by SAVE and create or revise the plan to improve its effectiveness.
- Research, write, and submit grant applications.
- Track and report progress of fund development plan.
- Be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED.
- Be a US citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- Complete successful criminal history background check.
- Communicate well with people from a variety of backgrounds, including service members
- Own a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Applicant should hold a four-year or something similar, or four years of relevant work experience, or a combination thereof.
- Highly organized individual.
- Independent worker
- Possess strong writing and time management skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite, database management, and knowledge of research.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided