Caribbean Reef Buddy Diving Project, Carriacou
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by WorkingAbroad Projects
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Become a Caribbean Reef Buddy volunteer and join us on the beautiful island of Carriacou near Grenada. Learn to dive in the warm, crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean and play a full and active part in exciting marine conservation projects.
You can volunteer with Caribbean Reef Buddy for 2 to 8 weeks from May to October every year.
Individuals, groups and students conducting research projects are all welcome.
By choosing to join Caribbean Reef Buddy you will be undertaking the following:
- PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water dive courses.
- Speciality training in digital underwater photography.
- Speciality courses in coral and fish identification.
- Lionfish containment, including hunting, analysis and data collection.
- Speciality training in reef survey protocols.
- Training in equipment maintenance.
- Turtle monitoring with our friends at Ocean Spirits in Grenada.
For more information on the project including dates, costs and testimonials please visit http://www.workingabroad.com/projects/caribbean-volunteer-diving-carriacou
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are interested to join one of the Caribbean Reef Buddy volunteer programmes, you need to fill out the online application form. To secure your place, please submit the form complete with an application payment of £180 GB pounds. If for some reason, your application is not accepted, your payment will be reimbursed in full. For those accepted, full payment must be made 2 months prior to departure. Once you have been accepted on the programme, we will send you a confirmation email including a short welcome pack full of information and facts to ensure you are fully prepared for your visit.