Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you enjoy meeting and engaging people? Do you love to inspire and share how JAARS makes Bible translation possible? Do you have a servant’s heart?
Consider becoming a part of the Mission Team that coordinates churches and groups that come to serve at JAARS for a week or less in various projects at the center.
Your influence could help people to gain a vision for missions and become further engaged with JAARS. Be part of a lasting impact for God’s Kingdom.
Assist in providing the best experience and support to mission teams serving on center.
- For a part-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- · Welcome, direct, serve, and support team needs
- · Gather and process team applications
- · Coordinate housing arrangements
- · Find work projects and place appropriate mission team members there
- · Prepare meals with the team
- · Coordinate team work with Facilities Mission Team Manager
- · Arrange for presentations from JAARS staff and missionaries
- · Encourage further engagement with JAARS
- · Work evenings and Sundays when teams are present
- · Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- · Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- · Excellent relational skills
- · Ability to organize and follow through
- · Attention to detail
- · Confidence in leading people
- · Servant heart
- · MS Office applications
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
- · Proof of health insurance
- · Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- · Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- · Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020