A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
My Dog Is My Home (MDIMH) is seeking a Director of Development to generate and executive large scale fundraising campaigns and increase MDIMH’s yearly financial growth and donations. The Director of Development will collaborate with MDIMH’s Executive Director, Communications Coordinator, and Events Manager, to executive several fundraising campaigns (digital and in-person) throughout the year. The AD of Development will also be responsible for engaging significant funders, increasing annual giving and developing new and creative ideas to reach new funding audiences. The AD of Development must be able to commit to a long-term (at least one year) fulfillment and be able to contribute approximately 5 - 10 hours per week.
- Lead the development and execution of an annual fundraising plan for major donors, middle donors, foundations, and bequests.
- Help secure significant financial support from individuals and foundations.
- Guide a long-term organizational vision for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Develop funding proposals.
- Identify, develop and submit applications for relevant grants.
- Work with the Events Manager to create a fundraising target, vision, and execution plan for special events.
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other staff volunteers when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management)
- Demonstrated winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy, and conflict resolution
- A great sense of humor!
- Love of continuous learning
Preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in working with people experiencing homelessness
- Familiarity with homeless service systems
- Experience working with animals or animal welfare organizations
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send your resume to Richard Encarnacion, HR and Volunteer Manager, with a statement of interest in the body of the email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People of color, women, individuals who have experienced homelesness, formerly incarcerated people, LGBTQ individuals, and progressive visionaries are encouraged to apply.
Our Hiring Process & Timeline
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews immediately. Your phone interview may be followed by an in-person one-hour interview.
- If you are invited for an interview, we will ask for examples of your work relevant to this position, e.g. a campaign you created, a writing sample, or other relevant materials.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Statement: We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and that enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and levels of physical ability. My Dog Is My Home does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of these identities in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.