Teaching English in Nepal - Community Schools
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Our Teaching Programs:-
VIN’s teaching in Nepali-Community Schools volunteer program targets international volunteers who are looking to take part in a hands-on, Nepali classroom experience. In these local schools, you as a volunteer will not only teach the English language, but will also engage in an effort to teach the children how to apply those language skills in various extracurricular activities.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
Start Dates: 1st & 15th of each month
Language Requirements: English (Basic Nepali is provided by us)
Food and Accommodation: Nepali Standard at host family in the working community
Key Activities: Teaching English, organizing creative activities
Beneficiaries: Children age 6 to 15, School teachers
Working Hours: 3 to 4 hours a day / 6 days a week
Required Qualifications and Skills: No formal training needed, flexible passion to work with children’s.
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.