COMMUNITY OUTREACH VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR NEEDED.
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Rescue Widows, Elderly, Youth and Orphans with Aids (RWEYOWA)
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
RWEYOWA is in need of outreach coordinator who will coordinate RWEYOWA community outreach and engagement initiatives. He/she will work to increase the organization’s presence in the community and will build relationships with individuals and other organizations in support of RWEYOWA work.
The outreach coordinator will directly contribute to increasing RWEYOWA capacity by developing its outreach programs and increasing community support for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
The outreach coordinator will:
· Develop and implement outreach strategies for active RWEYOWA campaigns
· Develop and implement outreach strategies for active RWEYOWA campaigns.
· Coordinate production and distribution of organisation community outreach materials
· Contribute to communications, outreach, marketing of the organisation, public relations and media relations activities as required
· Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
· Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Works well independently and as part of a team.
Benefits and recognition
This position provides valuable experience for Environmental Studies, Non-Profit Management, Fundraising and/or Event Management; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the environmental field; and anyone with a passion for helping the most disadvantaged community this project an amazing experience. Volunteers are highly valued members of the RWEYOWA team and contribute to making a significant difference in RWEYOWA ability to help our community and future generations. RWEYOWA will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers