A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
4094 Majestic Lane #138,Fairfax, VA 22033
Donor relations is the comprehensive effort of any nonprofit that seeks philanthropic support to ensure that donors experience high-quality interactions with the organization that foster long- term engagement and investment.
The Director of Donor Relations will work to communicate the mission and work of NOVA Pets Alive in an engaging, passionate and professional manner. This volunteer position will focus on cultivating, advancing and promoting long-term relationships with donors. S/he will bring passion for the work of NOVA Pets Alive to speaking engagements at outreach events and other public settings. The Director of Donor Relations is responsible for initiating, maintaining and growing individual support as well as achieving fundraising goals.
Job responsibilities include:
- Actively manage a personal portfolio of prospects and donors, including identifying and cultivating new potential supporters and enhancing relationships with the existing donors.
- Conduct confidential donor and/or prospect research for new funding sources, using approved methods and public sources of information.
- Prepare funding proposals and solicitation materials.
- Assist with the solicitation and securing of planned gifts.
- Create and execute system for ongoing donor stewardship.
- Create, manage and promote a strong sponsorship program.
- In coordination with Director of Events, plan, coordinate, and manage cultivation and recognition events to foster interest in NPA and provide the necessary follow up with supporters.
- Help support information sharing and collaboration across all teams and help to manage operational processes around local cultivation events and other intersection points between the fundraising and programmatic teams.
- Represent NPA as a member of community events and initiatives as applicable.
- Maintain and update records in Little Green Light and maintain telephone contacts with a variety of stakeholders
- Perform other tasks as necessary
· Oversees the memorial/honor program and provides analysis for the ongoing program.
· Oversees the expansion and ongoing operation of NPA
In addition to the above responsibilities and expectations, the Director of Donor Relations will be responsible for gift acceptance and management, acknowledgement, and donor recognition.
How To Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this is a volunteer position