- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Jewish Federation & Family Services of Orange County
A few hours per month
Our drivers help seniors, people with disabilities, vision impaired adults, cancer patients and domestic violence survivors all across Orange County. All are deeply grateful to receive the help. Because of people like you, they can get to medical appointments, go to the Braille Institute, receive cancer treatment, go shopping and connect to the world.
Our volunteer drivers:
- Provide rides using their own vehicles
- Choose the times, days and areas they wish to drive
- Drive as much or little as they want
- Receive reimbursement for mileage and parking costs
- Are at least 19 years old with a valid CA driver license and good driving record
The mission of Silver Streak is to keep seniors and people with disabilities healthy, independent and connected to things that give life meaning and purpose.