A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Women’s Information Network, New York City (WIN.NYC) is a New York City based, volunteer run, 501(c)4 nonprofit organization serving the pro-choice, democratic community with a diverse range of opportunities to connect in-person and online. The purpose of WIN.NYC is to serve as a political and social network for Democratic prochoice women. Our volunteer leadership team of approximately 25-30 women work to provide professional advancement, mentoring, and leadership opportunities for its members.
The WIN.NYC Executive Committee is seeking members to join the 2018 Ambassador leadership team. We are looking for creative thinkers, team players, and women who have a knack for planning events.
Ambassadors play an essential volunteer role, leading the creation and implementation of programming dedicated to WIN.NYC’s founding pillars of Pro-Choice Values, Political Action, Professional Development, and Personal Activism. Ambassadors will work together in small groups to plan and execute these events.
This leadership role is one with significant exposure to our 2,000+ membership base. Through this volunteer experience, ambassadors can expect to grow in the areas of coordination, relationship building, group problem-solving, outreach, and negotiation. Ambassadors will collaborate with and report to the Director of Programs and Deputy Director of Programs
Responsibilities for the 2018 year include:
- Planning and executing quarterly events that support one of the four pillars of WIN.NYC
- Attending regular monthly meetings and calls to ensure timely event planning and marketing success.
- Being available and willing to support WIN.NYC Special events through attendance and/or ticket sales
- Overseeing member engagement and participation in quarterly events
- Contributing to WIN.NYC social media presence as well as online visibility
- Attending mandatory bi-annual Ambassador meetings
- Member of the WIN.NYC Google Group
- A New York City resident
Women of color are particularly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Deadline for Applications: October 17th, 2017