Teaching English and cultural exchange with villagers in Thailand
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by CADIP
Ban Krok Luk
The project takes place in the rural area of Nakhon Ratchasima province, Northeast of Thailand in the small village called Ban Krok Luk (Ban in Thai means “village”). The main occupation is farming and most of the villagers are Buddhists. The life in the village revolves around International Community Living, Learning by Doing and Cultural Diversity.
- Creative English teaching – The aim is through informal language lessons to give local people an opportunity to communicate in another language and get in touch with a different culture.
- Construction – Volunteers are needed to help set up a new community center. We will build a kitchen, a dormitory and a meeting area for volunteers. There are villagers who will teach and help with the construction. This is a good opportunities for participants to learn the Thai way of building.
- Organic Farming – Learning how to produce our own non-chemically treated food.
- Relationship with the villagers – The rest of the time, it’s important to learn and share with the locals by visiting, talking and doing activities with them. This will be an enriching experience for both sides.
Project dates: February 12 - February 24, 2018
More info at: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-thailand
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Enrollment and other similar volunteer projects: http://cadip.org
USA: 646-657-2900; 617-841-0400; 310-882-7400
Canada: 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500; 604-628-7400