A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
328 Lomita Drive
There are two public museums on Stanford University’s campus, Iris and Gerald B. Cantor Center for Visual Arts and the Anderson Collection. Both museums are open six days a week: Wednesday through Monday 11 AM to 5 PM, Thursday 11 AM to 8 PM, and closed on Tuesday.
The Cantor Arts Center and the Anderson Collection rely on volunteers to provide visitors with the information and resources needed for a positive and enriching museum experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively greet visitors and welcome them to the museum
- Track attendance
- Provide visitors with information about the history of Stanford museums, exhibitions, gallery rotations and closures as well as special events and programs
- Provide directions to the museum galleries and exhibitions
- Inform visitors about museum visitor guidelines and policies
- Direct visitors to coat check and other museum amenities
- Inform visitors about tours, gallery talks, and family programs
- Answer visitor questions
- Ensure that Visitor Services information desks are adequately stocked with museum related print collateral
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional work demeanor
- Basic computer proficiency, including familiarity with iPad
Must be 18 years or older
Visitor Services Volunteers are asked to commit to one year of service.
Visitor Services volunteers are required to attend a four-hour training session prior to being placed with the program.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If interested, please, email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.