Description: This position serves the role of overseeing the Medical Team and ensuring that the highest quality of medical and behavioral care is received for all our animals.
Reports To: Intake and Medical Manager.
Schedule and Time Commitment: 10 – 15 hours/week. This is an ongoing opportunity.
Location of Work: Office and remote/from home.
- Team Responsibilities:
- Maintain a team and list of:
- Supply Specialists.
- Veterinary Liaisons.
- Office Assistants.
- Coordinate new volunteer training.
- Confirm all appropriate follow-ups are completed with veterinarians, veterinary offices, fosters and volunteers.
- Tracks and records vaccinations
- Coordinate, and at times administer, vaccine updates.
- Coordinate, and at times administer, microchip updates.
- Provide medications to foster families with sick foster pets.
- Track medications for re-order.
- Coordinate preventatives and dewormer at transports.
- Veterinary Offices:
- Provides authorization to veterinary offices regarding vetting.
- Works directly with veterinarians to resolve medical issues.
- Ensures all updates are received from veterinary offices.
- Ensure proper follow-ups are completed when necessary.
- Approve veterinary visits.
- Monitors and responds as soon as possible to complicated medical correspondence.
- Respond to all emails and Slack messages relating to medical issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond to requests for suture removal or preventatives.
- Communicate animal needs to Manager and Executive Director as needed, receiving approvals from one or both on expensive procedures.