Volunteer in India- Medical and Healthcare Internship
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by GoEco - Volunteer Abroad
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Intern at a medical project in Palampur, India and gain experience working along side professionals in the field.
The volunteer internship program is located in Palampur and is tailored towards providing medical, pre-medical, and nursing students with hands-on experience assisting professionals.
Volunteer Work and Contribution:
As an intern at a medical project, volunteers help the medical professionals in their daily work and activities. Responsibilities and duties will vary in relation to an individual's level of experience. Daily work is 5 hours per day, 5 days per week. However these hours may vary according to the volume of patients visiting the clinic or the location of the hospital.
As an intern of a medical project, duties and responsibilities will include:
- Observe and assist in day to day tasks
- Treat patients
- Hands on work and allocation of tasks according to an individual's level of experience and skills
Placements for volunteers are located in hospitals, clinics, medical colleges, and community clinics.
What's included in this project:
- Accommodation: Provided through host family or house
- Food: Three vegetarian means provided daily
- Transportation: Airport pickup and drop off from Dharamshala
- Internet access: Free internet access is provided to the volunteers at the local office in Palampur
- Guided tour: Half day local sightseeing tour
- Recreation: Yoga class once every week
- Support: 24 hours staff support
- Orientation Kit: Full project details sent following registration
Get involved and begin the journey of your lifetime!!