Black Girls Movement, formerly American Woman, has a mission that matters more today than ever before: We fight systemic racism against Black girls by providing them with equal access to STEM education and resources. We are passionate about bridging the gap and increasing representation of Black women in STEM fields. We do this by connecting black female students interested in science, tech, engineering, and math with unique learning and mentoring opportunities. Currently, we’re serving high school girls, and we envision expanding our programming to serve Pre-K and kindergartners as well as elementary and middle school ages. We are a nonprofit charitable organization. Learn more at https://www.blackgirlsmovement.org/.
You can help the BGM mission by joining our enthusiastic team of volunteers as a Volunteer Marketing Specialist.
The Volunteer Marketing Specialist is responsible for:
- Managing a complete brand update, ensuring all uses of the brand meet specific guidelines
- Creating branded materials including templates, letterhead, business cards, etc.
- Collaborating with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Brainstorming, researching, and developing ideas for creative marketing campaigns to reach specific audiences
- Executing outbound or inbound marketing activities (content development and optimization, presentations to potential donors and partners, email marketing campaigns, etc.)
- Assisting in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Undertaking individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
Ideally you have:
- Experience with marketing, branding, and email marketing
- Understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/social media etc.) and market research methods
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, PowerPoint, MS Office, and Google Docs
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or business administration or related field
- Strong communication skills
- Some design knowledge
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and structure, and follow an approval process
- This is an unpaid volunteer position. Volunteers are expected to make a 6- to 9-week commitment. All tasks will be completed remotely through web video-calls; webcam capabilities preferred.