Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
4035 Washington Avenue
Summary: The Project Assistant works with the Louvis Board and admin team planning and executing outreach efforts, researching sustainable design, and creating the program services component to formulate the project concept that we hope to replicate in communities throughout New Orleans. This position helps to extend the resources of Louvis Services to better meet our goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Project Assistant will assist with
· Researching and collecting data
· Facilitating focus groups in homeless community
· Attending relevant community meetings; participation in relevant roundtables and committees
· Making presentations to community stakeholders
· Provide administrative functions including scheduling meetings, attending and participating in the development processes including program and housing design
· Managing social media accounts
· Good active listening skills and ability to be non-judgmental
· Ability to maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new ones.
· Knowledge or interest in one or more of the following area: homelessness, sustainability, urban planning, community development, non-profits, affordable housing development, marketing or communications,
· Able to respect and maintain confidentiality
· Valid driver license, reliable car and auto insurance.
· Demonstrate solid written and verbal communication skills
· Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
· Good public speaking and presentation skills
Training & Supervision: Training and supervision conducted by: Lou Anne White or designated trainer.
- Training Provided