Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
A charity organization Health&Help is looking for a Construction Worker to join our team in autumn 2018, to be based in a village at Chinandego Department, Nicaragua and help the project pro bono.
Health&Help is a charity project that raises money for the construction of a free clinic as well as aims to provide the local population in remote areas of Nicaragua with medical services of high quality. It was founded in 2015 by Viktoria Valikova, a tropical medicine specialist from Russia. Volunteers from all over the world have been joining the project later on.
In this role you will be expected to work on buildings, roads and other construction projects. You will be the one to help the plans of architects and engineers come to life and become full and solid structures.
Experience in working on relevant projects and using equipment is essential. You must have physical strength, endurance and work well with your hands. Being good in collaboration and following instructions and safety rules, are also important.
A successful candidate is:
- Is not less than 18 years old;
- Is tolerant and accepting of foreign cultures and lifestyles;
- Detail and goal-oriented;
- Good in his/her own field;
- An emerging leader, true team player, a sharer rather than a protector; has the ability to juggle with several matters at one time.
The responsibilities include:
- Participating in construction works under the guidance of project’s architects;
- Taking various tasks on, including household chores;
- Following the general schedule for all volunteers;
- Handling construction materials and other supplies carefully and rationally;
- Keeping the construction site and places of general use in order;
- Showing respect and keeping your distance from local communities;
- Participating actively in educating local citizens on sanitary and ecological issues.
- A 8 hours working day, 6 days a week
- A place to stay and hot meals to eat free of charge;
- A letter of recommendation upon request;
- A friendly team, full of professionals;
- An opportunity to develop your skills and find out more about yourself and other people and cultures;
- Endless love and gratitude from all the locals, fellow volunteers and all over the world;
Our volunteers are provided with three meals a day (vegetarian menu) and accommodation (tents). The contract does not offer travel or any other expenses reimbursement option. The contract offers you a six-day working week, eight hours every day. A leave is a subject to discussion in case volunteer signs a two-month contract. A donation to cover the basic expenses will be much appreciated. Please note that the construction site is located in a distant, away from civilization, area; seven to ten people will participate in the project simultaneously.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers