2018 Prevent Cancer Health Fair & 5k Walk/Run
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Prevent Cancer Foundation
1500 South Capitol St. SE
Mark your calendars for the 10th Annual Prevent Cancer Health Fair and 5k Walk/Run on Sunday, September 16. We will be celebrating 10 years of pounding the pavement for prevention and we need your help to make it a success! This is an annual event that you don’t want to miss and there are so many areas where we need helping hands. Roles include helping with check-in, being a game master in our kids zone and cheering runners/walkers on as they take their final strides across the finish line.
We are morning people! We know 7:00AM is early but, what could be better than having exclusive access to National’s stadium, interacting with the community and having fun while spreading awareness of cancer prevention? Your volunteerism will help spread the word of cancer prevention and early detection to the masses and; encourages families, your neighbors and communities to take control of their health.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Must be able to report to Nationals Park by 7:00 a.m.
- Must have reliable transportation (Metro is not available before 8 a.m. on Sundays)
- Must disclose any physical restrictions to Prevent Cancer event staff (your status will not be shared)
Level of Language Proficiency
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Spanish (not required)
How To Apply
Email Rachael Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Prevent Cancer Health Fair & 5k Volunteer” in the subject line.