Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
PO Box 11482
· The Help Mother & Child Program (HMCP) at St. Peter’s & Perfect School works to support low income mothers and children in the community
With many low-income mothers staying home to care for children who are not yet old enough to attend school, the mothers are unable to work in order to gain income for their families. HMCP works to empower community mothers by registering and providing a place for their young children to learn, play, and socialize, while the mother is then free to work, generating income for her family.
· Volunteer duties include: supervising, teaching, and playing with pre-school aged children (3-5 year olds)
· All volunteer teachers will have a local teacher to work with at all times to assist in understanding language, cultural norms, etc.
· Teaching experience is not required, however it is recommended that volunteer teachers are able to contribute their own ideas, activities, songs, and lessons to the teaching environment, as each child, teacher, and volunteer will benefit from learning from one another
· There is a list of activities volunteers can draw on. It might be useful to teach the local teacher the activity as well so that she can assist you in explaining the activities to the students
· Previous experience working with children is a benefit
· 8:00 to 15:00 Monday-Friday
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Please send a letter of inquiry if you are interested in applying for this position. Please outline your experience, in any capacity, and why you would like to come work with us. Thank you.