200 Turner Road
The goal of the volunteer coordinator is to recruit, oversee, and manage volunteers and volunteer programs. The volunteer coordinator will work towards increasing the number of volunteers GCG has regularly while additionally enhancing the outreach possibilities. The volunteer coordinator will utilize their position to connect with other organizations, schools, and businesses to further benefit both the organization and those who are food insecure in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties may include, but not limited to
· Recruiting new volunteers through innovative means from schools, businesses, universities, community groups, etc.
· Creating programs that are sustainable and easy to manage that benefit the garden’s outreach and overall mission
· Looking at new ways GCG can sustain through grant writing, structural reorganization, etc.
The volunteer coordinator will…
· Gain valuable experience in the non-profit sector
· Become a valuable part of both the God’s Community Garden Community and the Aquidneck Island Community.
· Will gain valuable experience in program development, volunteer outreach, and non-profit management
· Feel good knowing they helped the Aquidneck Island community
· Must have time to donate as this is a volunteer position
· Passionate about serving the community
· Experience in gardening – personal or professional
· Will include heavy lifting/manual labor
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About God’s Community Garden:
The mission of God’s Community Garden is to create a garden that grows fresh, organic vegetables and flowers for distribution to neighbors in need and all senior citizens. Additionally, our goal is to provide programs that benefit all through education, mentoring, and volunteer participation. We strive to provide a safe, beautiful, and well equipped garden facility that is inclusive for all.
God’s Community Garden supplies healthy vegetables grown at the garden year round by volunteers and distributes the produce weekly through our free farm stands located on Aquidneck Island. Currently operating are farm stands located at the Portsmouth United Methodist Church, Calvary United Methodist Church, St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, and our newest farm stand at the Florence Gray Center in Newport, RI. Our vision is to have more volunteers donating their time at the garden so that we can grow more produce for neighbors in need at more farm stands on Aquidneck Island.
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This is a volunteer position but we want to get to know the person a little bit through their experience and writing style as well. This can be turned into an internship as well for qualified undergraduate or graduate students.