Volunteer Tutor for High School Students at Juvenile Hall
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by City Youth Now
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
375 Woodside Ave
City Youth Now provides programs and services that promote stability, personal growth, and long-term success for youth in the San Francisco Foster Care and Juvenile Justice Systems.
We are currently searching for volunteer tutors who can work one-on-one with youth during school time at the Juvenile Justice Center.
Tutors will be present during class-time to assist teachers in providing students with individualized attention. Classes include English, social science, math, science, cinema studies, and gardening. Tutors help youth find answers to their questions, and work through difficult concepts and assignments.
Details about your role
- Time commitment: 3 hours a week
- Schedule: anytime Monday-Friday, 8:45am-2:45pm
- Duration: 3 months minimum commitment
- Location: Juvenile Justice Center, 375 Woodside Ave, San Francisco, CA 94127
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Background in education (teaching, tutoring, mentoring) highly preferred
- Experience working with adolescents a plus
- Patience, enthusiasm, and compassion
What you’ll get out of it
- An opportunity to help underprivileged youth rise beyond their circumstances and succeed academically
- A chance to develop your teaching, tutoring, and mentorship skills
- A support system that includes staff members at City Youth Now and the Juvenile Justice Center
- An orientation and tour at the Juvenile Justice Center
How To Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request an application.
For more volunteer opportunities at City Youth Now, please visit the following page: