Volunteering in Belize Orphanage Program
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by A Broader View Volunteers Corp
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Orphanage/ Manual Labor
The orphanage is home to 25 children, predominantly between 4-15 years of age. All of the children at the care center have been abandoned, abused or orphaned and many have disabilities, special needs or are HIV positive.
This Care center provides a safe haven for the children, food, clothing, recreation and pre-school education. During school season (January to June, September to December) the children will be in school all day.
The volunteer work will consist of 2-3 hours per day with the kids; early morning and in the late afternoons/dinner time. The rest of your day will be helping hands on with the green house, gardening, animal pens and manual labor jobs - digging, planting, painting, hauling, and working outside.
- It is important to understand we need volunteers willing and able to work outside, in the heat, doing manual labor.
A sample day for a volunteer in this program:
- Early morning (630am) wake up, help kids dress & have breakfast and get off to school.
- Help with the breakfast dishes & other chores
- Early afternoon work in the garden, help in the yard, animals pens and lunch preparation
- Afternoon free time for the volunteers
- Late afternoon help kids with their homework, dinner and bedtime preparation (8-830pm)
Click here ->https:www.abroaderview.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers