Volunteer Coordinator - Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Parent Trust for Washington Children
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Parent Trust's Center for Strong Families
2200 Rainier Avenue South
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator – Volunteer to build a new Volunteer Program and recruit a robust team of volunteers to help us fulfill our mission to keep kids Safe, Healthy and Strong. This position would start out part-time with flexible hours.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced Volunteer yourself, and we prefer you are an experienced Coordinator / Manager of Volunteers.
A preferred candidate would have some experience in the arena of family social services, but more importantly is someone who has a passion for a healthy community in which children and parents are supported in the multitude of ways that has made Parent Trust a vital organization for over 40 years in Washington.
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
· Experience of managing or coordinating projects and volunteers (paid or unpaid)
· An empathy with volunteers and an understanding of their needs
· The capacity to inspire and motivate others
· The ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
· Good organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
· Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports
· Experience of working across different sectors and developing links with other agencies
· A flexible and non-judgmental approach to people and work
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please respond with a brief Email introduction as to why you are interested to be our lead Volunteer and Coordinator of our Volunteers, and your availability. Please include your skills and experience in a simple outline or an attached resume' or C.V. Please send all docs in either PDF or MS Word.