Mentoring at Borough of Manhattan Community College (College and Career Focus)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by America Needs You
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Borough of Manhattan Community College
America Needs You fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first generation college students. We do this by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. Our campus-based Fellows Program is a two-year, intensive mentoring and professional training program where first-generation students ("Fellows") are paired with young professional volunteers. We operate in California, Illinois, New Jersey, and New York.
Mentor Coach Volunteers develop a one-on-one mentoring relationship with a low-income, first-generation college student (Fellow), working with them at 18 professional development workshops to cultivate their strengths, interests, and passions into successful careers. Mentor Coaches prepare students for selective internships through a structured career development curriculum.
Time commitment: 1-2 Saturdays per month for 2 years
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Develop a one-on-one mentoring relationship with your Fellow and help them achieve their career ambitions
- Build your own personal network as you work closely with highly accomplished professionals from a variety of industries
- Gain access to exclusive professional development and social events
- Serve as a role model and resource for your class of Mentor Coach/Fellow pairs
- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Program Begins: September
- Training Provided