A few hours per week
2677 North Main Street
Sanctuary Hospice is seeking individuals with their own Certified Therapy pets. Please note that Sanctuary Hospice is not a facility. The role of a therapy pet volunteer would be to make visits to the patient's location and spend an hour or more with them. This will allow the patient to experience the therapeutic relief only a therapy pet can bring.
- Visit Hospice care patients living in their own homes, assisted living facilities, or skilled nursing facilities
- Provide patients with positive interactions with an animal that will bring emotional comfort
- Be both an engaged, compassionate visitor and responsible animal handler
- Must have your own certified therapeutic pet
- Reliable and punctual
- Patient, compassionate, and easygoing
- Must be aged 18 or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Must be able to pass background check and a drug test
- Bilingual a plus
Under the supervision of the Volunteer Coordinator the pet therapy volunteer can make a lasting difference in the lives of many of our patients. Please call Emily Sparks, Volunteer Coordinator directly to volunteer (949) 629-0220.
Thank you so much for inquiring.
*Please note your pet must be a "Certified" pet.*
- Training Provided
How To Apply
If you're interested in this opportunity, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator Emily Sparks at (949) 629-0220 or email her!