Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Calle Mayta Capac 1325
Rio Seco, El Porvenir
This volunteer position is appropriate for those who are new to teaching English and need support and training to plan their lessons, for example gap year abroad travel programmes, as well as those with more teaching experience. You will teach children in local public schools as well as at the SKIP project.
We are currently looking for English teachers to teach in both our primary and secondary programmes.
The English Teaching Programme
Our team of English teachers usually numbers around eight people. We conduct lessons in a local public school, and also in classes at the SKIP centre.
We take a dynamic approach to teaching the children and so lessons are activity-based and interactive. There are lots of games and songs to keep the children engaged so they can enjoy learning in a fun environment. These methods differ greatly from those used in Peru and it is extremely rewarding to see the children keen to study English and learn more. Click here to read more about the English teaching programme
Under supervision of the English Teaching Leader, who is a qualified EFL teacher, and following a written curriculum, volunteers will plan and deliver lessons with a co-teacher.
- Passion for working with Children
- Minimum one month commitment.
- Basic Spanish
- Experience working with children.
The Benefits of Volunteering with Us
In return for your invaluable participation in our volunteering programme, SKIP will provide:
- A thorough induction to the organisation, programmes, department and specific role
- Structured and relevant training from fully qualified and experienced staff members
- Mentoring and support in the form of regular supervision and staff meetings as well as informal sessions
- The chance to be a part of a diverse and dedicated team and a welcoming community
- A letter of recommendation upon request after completion
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers