Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
341 Evelyn Street
About the organisation
LRMN is a charity providing free services to refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in London. We have 3 main programmes namely: Information and Advice on Immigration, Housing and Welfare; Violence against Women and Girls and Training and Employment. In addition to the main programmes, we run activities which include English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL), Literacy, Knitting and Sewing classes. LRMN is an active organisation with clients coming from a range of background and nationalities.
About this role
We are looking for a passionate and committed volunteer to work closely with our CEO and Fundraising Trustee to set up a number of events to raise our profile and fundraise money to support our activities and projects.
The volunteer will take the lead in organising regular events and will be given the scope to develop new and interesting fundraising ideas. The volunteer will also be responsible for developing and maintaining our database of current and prospective funders. This is a great opportunity for a highly organised and confident events organiser to gain invaluable skills and work as part of a fast growing and vibrant organisation.
- Organising regular fundraising events
- Work with the CEO to identify further fundraising events opportunities and drafting funding applications
- Researching prospective funders
- Attend community events to represent LRMN
What Will You Gain from the Role?
- Event management skills
- Communications and marketing skills
- A range of training opportunities
- A chance to make a difference and help an organisation working to support vulnerable people
- An opportunity to develop your CV
- You will be given support and training as well as a reimbursement for lunch (up to £6) and travel expenses.
What Skills/Experience are needed?
- Previous experience (paid or voluntary) in fundraising
- Fluent English speaker with a keen eye for detail and an enthusiasm to learn about fundraising processes
- Motivated, proactive, organised and reliable
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers