Become a Deep Time Volunteer!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History, Washington, DC
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History
10th & Constitution Ave. NW
Are you interested in teaching people how to unlock the secrets in fossils? Are you excited to share your love of fossils and science? If so, you should be a volunteer in the NEW David H. Koch: Hall of Fossils - Deep Time.
Opening June 8, 2019, the newly renovated Deep Time hall is an exhibition that takes you on a journey through time from the beginning of life on Earth to the present day and into the future.
Inspire visitors to see themselves as a part of Deep Time and understand how fossils tell the story of the history of life on Earth. Bring fossils to life by facilitating hands-on activities and interpreting exhibit content for thousands of people.
As a volunteer you can combine your interest in dinosaurs, fossils, and life-long learning with expert-led training to spark curiosity in people of all ages and connect fossils to the world around us today.
- Must be 18 or older
- Complete all online training
- Attend 50% or more of in-person training
- February - May
- Wednesdays (6 - 8 pm) & Saturdays (10 am - 2 pm)
- Attend a 3-hour New Volunteer Orientation Session
- Make a 1-year commitment and at least 8 hours per month
- Complete a Smithsonian Institution Background check
Apply today! Applications close December 1!
- Training Provided