Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a passion for getting people involved in missions? Are you good at helping people see where their skills can fit into positions? Can you learn quickly about the various jobs at JAARS?
Assist the Outreach Coordinator in processing inquirers, advertising positions, and maintaining the records of positions here at JAARS. You will help make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
To assist the Outreach Coordinator in finding qualified volunteers to serve at JAARS.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
1. Respond to inquirers, provide information, and forward prospects’ information to the appropriate personnel
2. Input and monitor volunteer openings on various job sites
3. Assist in handling phone inquirers
4. Set up potential volunteer itineraries with department personnel
5. Submit newspaper and online postings of volunteer openings
6. Maintain statistics regarding inquirers, volunteers, and site visits
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, email, and calendar
- Willingness to learn how to post information on online job sites
- Good communication skills in a warm and friendly manner
- Organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Proof of health insurance
Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020