A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Clean clothes and hygiene products significantly impact a person’s economic well-being, physical health, and emotional resilience. Without these basic necessities, it is virtually impossible for someone to get off the street and get a job. Founded in 2015 by Caitlin Adler, Project Ropa began by redistributing unwanted donations from local charities with the goal of using the remaining clothes to one day stock a mobile pop-up shop for people in need. Since then we have taken the concept to the streets and now work in tandem with Lava Mae, a mobile shower organization to help restore dignity, rekindle optimism and remove these barriers by providing clean clothes and other basic necessities to individuals experiencing homelessness at weekly events in the Los Angeles area.
We also provide job interview outfits to Homeless Health Care Los Angeles and Safe Place for Youth; prom dresses and suits to A Place Called Home; everyday clothes to Lava Mae and The Refresh Spot in Skid Row and damaged and dated clothes to Sew Swag to be upcycled. To date, Project Ropa has directly provided clothing to 1,500 homeless individuals, prom outfits to more than 100 teenagers and job interview outfits to over 800 people.
In May of 2018, we launched a social-impact fashion brand that changes lives by employing individuals transitioning out of homelessness. All of our clothing is hand-painted in Los Angeles.
Project Ropa brings vital basic necessities to the streets of Los Angeles - helping restore dignity and rekindle optimism to people experiencing homelessness.
We are looking for someone who has experience in managing fundraising and partnership development as well as defining and telling the story of our organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, well-organized, creative thinker with a deep understanding of social media platforms and campaigns with excellent writing and editing skills. Must be a compelling written and oral communicator, generator of creative, doable ideas and an exceptional project manager. A demonstrated track record of delivering and deploying effective communication within and outside of the organization and striving to continuously improve scale, reach, quality and impact of their managed initiatives in order to better reach our audience and improve engagement.
- Working with our founder develop and execute Project Ropa’s annual fundraising plan
- Research and analyze the donor landscape, communicate findings regularly, and develop strategies for targeted and differentiated approaches to engaging
- Build awareness of Project Ropa in key private philanthropic circles and with potential corporate partners. Present on Project Ropa frequently to small and large groups, using PowerPoint and/or Keynote if necessary.
- Help secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a plan to secure corporate partners
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Write and communicate well, clearly and with compelling voice aligned to the organizational mission and brand
To learn more visit our website: www.projectropa.org
Ideally we would like someone who can commit to helping us at least 4 hours a week.
It is preferred that candidates live in the Los Angeles area, but we are open to someone working remotely as well.