AMERICORPS HOUSING SEARCH AND INFORMATION SPECIALIST – JACKSON, LENAWEE, HILLSDALE
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County
1699 Lansing Avenue
Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County (CSSW) operates several programs dedicated to providing outreach and case management services to a wide range of consumers who are currently homeless or at-risk for homelessness. We are currently recruiting an Amercorps member to join our Offender Success team for the 2018 service year.
This position will help ascertain the housing needs of returning citizens, create a database of landlords to work with the population, and provide living skills support to stabilize participants in the community. The position will work with parole agents, community members, and job development specialists to address the needs of each returning citizen.
Term of Service: March 2018 – February 2019
Essential Functions and Core Responsibilities
· Assist with intakes to assess the housing needs of that client
· Address housing barriers for the client
· Maintain/develop relationships with local landlords
· Assist with independent living skills support related to addressing income and housing stabilization needs
· Complete case notes in a case management tracking system
· Complete a monthly Data Collection Spreadsheet by the 10th of each month
· Communicate with Field Agent, Community Coordinator, and other relevant service providers via phone, on-line reporting and case staffing meetings – to coordinate services across providers, increase client engagement and improve client outcomes.
· Recruit and train a minimum of 25 volunteers during the term of service
· Submit quarterly reports by the appropriate deadlines with all necessary information provided
In order to become an AmeriCorps member with our program, an individual must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or a lawful, permanent resident of the U.S. and provide a copy of a birth certificate, passport or permanent resident card to prove citizenship
- Members will receive a living allowance, paid in equal amounts bi-weekly through MCAH.
- Full-time members will receive $12,630.
- Full-time members are eligible for health insurance (for the member only) and childcare assistance through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
- Upon successful completion of a term of service, members will receive an education award that can be used toward qualified student loan payments or for continuing education.
- Full-time members will receive $5,815.
- Members may also qualify for student loan forbearance and be eligible to have accrued student loan interest paid off after service.
Skill requirements: Essential functions include the ability to:
· Have completed of some college or comparable work experience
· Must be able to complete a full term of service (one year)
· Pass the following criminal history checks in accordance with CTEH National Service Criminal History Check policy: State of Michigan, DHS Central Registry Clearance, FBI fingerprinting, and National Sex Offender Registry
· Have a car or can arrange reliable transportation to and from service site, multiple mandatory training sessions in Lansing, and travel on behalf of site
· Possess proficiency with word processing software and email
· Be able to interact respectfully with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
How To Apply
If interested and qualified, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line HR-AMERI-IDEAL. No phone or email inquiries. EOE.