New York-New Jersey Trail Conference | Invasives Strike Force Data Entry Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by New York - New Jersey Trail Conference
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
600 Ramapo Valley Road
As a data entry volunteer for the ISF at the Trail Conference, you will screen, format, and input the data collected by our field volunteers. This data is then used by our staff to map out the distribution of different invasive species so that they can be effectively controlled. This further allows native plant species to provide important food and shelter to area wildlife.
Responsibilities may include:
- Screening volunteer data for errors
- Inputing volunteer data to databases
- Recording and reporting all volunteer hours
- Experience with MS Excel, and database software such as MS Access and SQL Server
- Organized, responsible, and detail-oriented
- Interest in helping maintain native biodiversity in the NY-NJ region
- Professional and able to communicate with staff as needed
- Ability to work alone and in small groups
Ideal volunteers are able to work at the Trail Conference headquarters in Mahwah, NJ at least 4 hours/week. Additional hours may be done in the office or remotely.
After a brief introduction to the goals of the program, training will be largely on-the-job with staff available to answer any questions as they arise.
Applicants must be 18 years or older.