External Communications Coordinator - Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Parent Trust for Washington Children
A few hours per week
Parent Trust's Center for Strong Families
2200 Rainier Avenue South
We are looking for a External Communications Coordinator – Volunteer to help us fulfill our mission to keep kids Safe, Healthy and Strong.
This position would create content and post to various outreach sources, build a system of regular communication with donors and clients, and be responsible for creating the first Parent Trust Annual Report for the general public.
This position would be part-time (8-16 hours/week) with flexible hours.
The ideal candidate would have E-newsletter and annual report writing experience. And we prefer you have content management, project management, and digital / web communications management experience.
The perfect candidate would have some experience in the arena of family social services, but more importantly is someone who has a passion for a healthy community in which children and parents are supported in the multitude of ways that has made Parent Trust a vital organization for over 40 years in Washington.
· The capacity to inspire and motivate others through words and pictures that tell a compelling story.
· The ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
· Good organizational and journalistic writing skills
· Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports
· Experience of working across different sectors and developing links with other agencies
· A flexible and non-judgmental approach to people and work.
· Attention to details is essential
How To Apply
Please respond with a brief Email introduction as to why you are interested and your availability. Please include your skills and experience in a simple outline or an attached resume' or C.V. Please send all docs in either PDF or MS Word.