Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
No Longer Empty is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to help with Mel Chin’s monumental new sculpture and mixed reality work, Wake and Unmoored. The installation is a part of Chin’s multi-venue exhibition Mel Chin: All Over the Place, and will in be in Times Square from July 11 through September 5. Volunteers will be thoroughly trained by NLE staff, and will assist in guiding visitors through the installation and supporting the overall run of show.
Shifts are from Wednesday through Friday, 2-8 pm and weekends, 12-6 pm for the length of the show (July 11-Sept. 5), with a mandatory training session on June 27. Ideally, volunteers should sign up for a minimum of 3 shifts.
Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHtBc9TlJ3hK-NcZYOqoCKPR1-uaHSYXvagn_jjN9h3H5JYw/viewform
- Engage with the public and share information about the artist, project, and partnering organizations (Times Square Alliance, Queens Museum, No Longer Empty)
- Assist with set-up and break-down of installation space for tours
- Provide support for ongoing programs, including writing workshops, panel discussions, artmaking workshops and more.
- An insider’s view of the exhibition and the opportunity to learn about a major public artwork engaging with climate justice
- Training in visitor services for a large scale, public installation
- Experience working with No Longer Empty and Times Square Alliance staff
- Access to NLE programs
- A small gift as a token of our appreciation for your time and efforts
We’re looking to fill shifts from Wednesday through Friday, 2-8 pm and weekends, 12-6 pm for the length of the show (July 11-Sept. 5). Ideally we’d like volunteers to commit to at least 3 shifts. A mandatory training session will be held on June 27.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Contact email@example.com with any questions.