Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects. Grant writers will report directly to the Development Director and the Executive Director of the Arizona Sustainability Alliance.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with Director of Development to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc.) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Make appointments for Executive Director and Director of Development with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
Time Commitment: Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week
How To Apply
Include: Statement of Interest and Resume